Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Will Be Your Friend In Your Desert

                                                              Have you ever felt like this?

                                                                           
                                                                                 I Did.

After years of struggling through being disabled by an incurable painful disease, endless doctor appointments, surgeries, broken relationships, loss of friends with no one to help me, I felt like a dried up desert inside. Pain and suffering caused  me to feel broken, alone and hopeless. In time I finally accepted that I was not going to; "get out of my desert", unless science found a cure. My only alternative was to find a way "through" it! 

Unable to walk through this by myself any longer I prayed that God would help me.  I met some friends on Face Book.  Others who were suffering from painful diseases and disabilities reached out to me.  They understood where I was.  They encouraged me,  they were compassionate and understanding.  They also  invited me to websites, support groups, blogs and prayerchains that were helpful for them.  Visiting these places I then met more friends.  I felt like they sent me rain in the dry land of my life!  


                                       This is me beginning to bloom where I am planted.

Thanks to God hearing and answering my prayers I now have new friends and belong to a community with  others who in spite of their pain and suffering  have hope for a better today and tomorrow.  Yes, still a "desert"  until we can find cures for our diseases.  In the interim we are growing together and helping others to make our world a more beautiful place!


                                                       Do not remember the former things,
                                                          Nor consider the things of old.
                                                           Behold, I will do a new thing,
                                                              Now it shall spring forth;
                                                                Shall you not know it?
                                                         I will even make a road in the
                                                                            wilderness
                                                               And rivers in the desert,
                                                             To give drink to My people,
                                                                            My chosen.
                                                                            Isaiah 43:18

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully put and your pictures are perfect, fitting your walk precisely. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose, your input is precious to me! Thank you for all of your help getting my Blog up and running........:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are fighting through as I am. I just started a blog to help get myself moving forward. Check it out - here's my first day from earlier this month: http://debzpicaday.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-1-of-365.html

    I'm trying to do a post a day.

    I just became a follower of yours!
    Take care,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love It . Beautiful Written. Wow I'm Impressed..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely comments. Hope it helps you to know we are traveling together with hope.
    ((Mary))..friends forever..:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Your kindness is always appreciated!